Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our home at Christmas

Since not many of you see our house at Christmas time, I thought I'd take some pictures to show you!
Here's our front porch, decorated with garland, white lights and a snowman given to me by my mom a few years ago.

Our tree decorated in many of the snowmen ornaments from my mom. This is the first year we've had an artificial tree....someday we'll go back to getting a real one. We want to make it a tradition to take the boys to a Christmas tree farm each year.

I never had a tree skirt until this year. I found this one for half off at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. Love it!

This year, the boys have their own little tree. They decorated it with their ornaments.

Each year my mom gives them a new ornament and this is what she gave this year: a snowman in a snow globe, with their name on it.

The corner in our living room:

The dining room:

Our Nativity set.....my mom and dad gave me a few pieces each year until I had the complete set. This is my favorite Christmas decoration.

And here are our stockings. Since we don't have a mantel, I hang them on our staircase. My mom made the boys':




My aunt Trice made mine when I was little:


And poor Neal.....I got this moose one for him at Gordman's. I think he needs a homemade one! Maybe someday I'll have to try making one....or I'll just go to Cabela's and get him a camouflage one, he'd like that!

2 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Jamie,
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me such a sweet comment...I appreciate it!

I've added you to my blog roll.

Your sons are precious and you and your husband make a sweet couple.

Your home is adorable and I love how you have everything decorated...very cozy!

Miss Alissa said...

such cute decorations! good job;)