And those that know me well, know I'm not a big animal lover, as horrible as some may think that is. I just never have been. Growing up we had cats, dogs and horses. I preferred to fix my hair, do my makeup, shop or swim in our pool instead of be around the smell, drool, poop, pee, slobber, yelping, clawing and shedding that comes with animals. That's just who I am and I won't apologize for it. :)
BUT, we have two boys. And I'm told that boys need a dog. AND my husband PROMISED our boys we would get a dog this year. What was I to do when he PROMISED?
So, we started our search for a pet. We wanted to adopt a dog from a local shelter and visited three different ones before finding BUDDY, a beagle mix. And even I have to admit that looking at his sad eyes in the kennel at the shelter tugged at my heart a bit.
On the ride home, the boys were talking about names for their new pet and thought of Duke (inspired by their love of the old Dukes of Hazzard shows), Obi (after one of their favorite Star Wars Jedi's, Obi-Wan Kenobi) but in the end, stuck with the name he had been given at the shelter, Buddy. They thought it was a good fit and that they would all be buddies.
The first couple days at our house, Buddy had quite a time adjusting. OK, maybe I was the one who had a difficult time adjusting. We've had him for about 3 weeks now and I'm happy to report he (and me) are doing much better. And Zach and Luke love him, so what's a mom to do? :)
1 comment:
cute :)
i totally hear ya...im not a pet girl either lol
i think their cute though :)
Post a Comment