Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a Storm!

Update: Our insurance guy came out last week and we have over $14,000 of damage to our home! We'll be getting money for a new roof, new gutters, some new siding, a new window, and a new garage door, along with a few other small things. WOW! Thank the Lord for insurance!



A few days ago our area was hit with quite a storm! It seemed to come out of nowhere.....at first it was just raining but quickly turned to hail. I'm pretty sure I saw some hail that was about the size of a tennis ball. Most of what we got was about golf ball size. It seemed to come down forever and I wondered what things were going to look like outside once it was over. We do have damage to our roof, siding, deck and one broken window. However, our area was not hit as badly as others close by. In one small community just minutes from us, homes had ALL of their siding ripped away by hail and numerous broken windows. The damage is just devastating. I am thankful there were no injuries! Here are a few pictures of our place. I took them probably about and hour and a half after the storm, so the hail had melted some by then.

Zach with some of the hail:



Here's Luke showing me what he found:



My flowers are ripped up pretty bad. Here is a pile of pea and marble size hail:



Here is a garage window that is broken along with the damage done to the window ac:



Some of the damage done to the siding:



More siding:


I've never seen so much hail before! It was LOUD!


Although the damage is not fun to deal with, it, in a way was an answer to prayer......Neal is the manager of a body shop and things had been kinda slow. Not any more! Keeping busy and having lots of work is a good thing for him! :)

1 comment:

candy said...

wow that IS some storm!!