
http://www.negpp.org/
I was so happy to learn about this program the Nebraska Game and Parks are sponsoring this summer. There are parks all over the state for us to travel to, follow clues to find the post in the park and trace the impression that is on that particular post. There are different prizes you will be registered to win based on the amount of impressions you send in!
One of the posts to find is located right here in our little town about 3 blocks from our house! So, today the boys and I set out for our first little park adventure! We first made binoculars so that we'd be able to spot the post, wildlife, animal tracks, or whatever else!
Then we followed the clues to find the post.
We found the post!
Here is the impression we colored from the post at this park:
Of course, we also had some fun playing at the playground while we were there.
There are 20 parks to visit in the Great Park Pursuit, throughout the state of Nebraska. Many are located in towns/cities that will make a nice day trip for the boys and I this summer. We will be traveling west two different times later in the summer, so we hope to hit the parks out that way too! If you live in Nebraska get out and enjoy the Great Park Pursuit!
1 comment:
I wondered what that thing was last time we were at the park! Jonah just kept pointing to it and saying "oval!"
Post a Comment