Monday, December 5, 2011

Countdown to Christmas - Day 5

I'm pretty sure I couldn't have "Countdown to Christmas" without sharing some of our families favorite holiday cookie recipes! The one I will share today is for Oreo Balls. I found the recipe a couple years ago in our local newspaper. I have made them for Christmas the past couple years and everyone raves about them and asks for the recipe. It's so simple and has just a few ingredients.





OREO BALLS


1 pkg. Oreos
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 pkg. white almond bark
1 pkg. chocolate almond bark
(Can add colored sprinkles for holiday effect!)

Smash up Oreos into very fine pieces (you don't want any chunks because you have to roll them in balls later.)

Mix all of the Oreo and the whole package of cream cheese until it is completely mixed.

Roll Oreo/cream cheese mix into balls (a little smaller than a golf ball) and place on waxed paper. (Make sure waxed paper is already on a cookie sheet!)

Melt almond bark on stove on medium heat. Use a fork to roll balls around in almond bark until covered all the way. Place ball back on waxed paper.

Decorate with sprinkles if desired.

YUM-O!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are one of my favorite Christmas treats. I always make them for my work party and everyone LOVES them! I wish they would roll themselves in the almond bark- that's my least favorite part!