So this week is getting crazy busy.....guess that's what happens the closer Christmas gets! For missing yesterdays post, I'll share two things today. First up is one my Grandma Kellers BEST Christmastime recipes!
SEVEN LAYER BARS
6 T butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup coconut
1 cup (or less) chopped nuts
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1 can (15 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
Melt the butter in a 13x9 inch pan. (I put this int he oven to melt when I am preheating the oven.
Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter, then sprinkle the coconut, next the nuts, then the butterscotch chips, and end with the chocolate chips. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch so it doesn't get too brown. Cool, cut into squares.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sticking with the recipe theme (can you tell I've got baking and cooking on my mind?!) I want to share a website that lots of my friends have contributed to. A facebook page started when many teachers and friends wanted to share easy recipes. Then facebook made some changes....why are they always doing that?.......and it became difficult to locate and look up recipes posted in the past. So, a teacher made a website and is always updating it with the new recipes posted on facebook. It's been so nice adding some new meals to our menu and we've really enjoyed the ones we've tried!
I think most people in our town have tried and loved this one:
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken
By Natalie Wright Sherman
1 lb. frozen chicken breast (if thawed, decrease time)
1/2 cup butter
1 package dry Italian dressing mix
1 package cream cheese
1 can cream of celery (or could use cr. of chicken, cr. of mushroom)
egg noodles or rice
Put chicken breasts, butter, and Italian dressing mix in crockpot for approx. 8-10 hrs. (I put mine in when I leave for work at 7:30ish, and it's looking good when I get home at 4:30). Shred chicken with two forks. Add cream cheese and soup, continue cooking until cream cheese has melted. I like this best over egg noodles. And the best part is, all 3 of my kids will eat this meal. :)
................................................................................
I haven't tried this soup yet, but it gets rave reviews!
Crock Pot Potato Soup
Amber Farley
1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!
..................................................................................
All I can say about this is BEST. DIP. EVER.
Too Easy Friut Dip
By Joni Sanders Pearson
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow creme and blend the mixture until smooth. Enjoy!
To find more recipes from my little town, go to WAHOO KITCHENISTAS
No comments:
Post a Comment