Back in February we celebrated Dental Health Month by learning about our teeth. We had a dental hygienist come talk to us about what going to the dentist is like, how to brush and floss, and what foods are good or bad for our teeth. Then we made this fun craft using marshmallows! (We first talked about how marshmallows are NOT good for our teeth and I was so impressed that none of the kids ate any!) We made this into a counting game: I would roll a number cube and depending on what number it landed on, the kids would count out that many "teeth" to glue in their mouth.
![]() |
| (idea from HERE) |
Next up in March we celebrated St. Patrick's Day with some leprechaun fun! When the kids first came into the classroom, they noticed it was a MESS! Chairs were upside down and on top of tables, toys were in the wrong area and things were knocked over! They were surprised to hear little leprechauns had snuck into the room and messed it all up! I had also sprinkled green glitter all over our circle time carpet, which they thought was really fun! Later in the morning, we noticed clues written on shamrocks! We followed the clues, which took us all over our building and finally we ended up back in our classroom where the leprechauns had left a bucket of treats and "gold" for each child. For the gold, I had spray painted rocks! The kids were so excited to get to take GOLD home!
This coming week, we are talking about the letter T and transportation. I made this poster with the sky, land and water. I laminated it and also laminated all the different forms of transportation. I will have the kids sort the air, land and water transportation and place them where they belong.
![]() |
| (idea adapted from HERE)
|



1 comment:
How fun! I love all the ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment