There are so many thoughts I'd like to write down, but haven't had a chance to organize them yet, so this post may be scattered, you've been warned!
So we are days away from leaving what I consider "home" in eastern Nebraska and moving to the central part of the state. As I said in an earlier post, this whole process of moving has been very emotional for me. Of course there is the whole bit of selling the house, inspections, appraisals, working with realtors and getting them to do things how you want it done......and then finding a new home to purchase, one that is what we can afford and also has what we want for our next house in a town we think will be a good fit for us. We have done all that and I will be so thankful when we are THERE, in the house and making it our home.
As much as I know this job change NEEDED to happen for Neal, I am still apprehensive about how our "new life" will be. I have mentioned the Beth Moore book I read "So Long Insecurity" and how much it helped me, but leave it to a move and all new situations and people to deal with to bring all those insecurities (aka FEAR) back and smacking me in the face.
In the past two years, I felt like I had finally found "my place" in our town, thanks to our church and ladies Bible study. This past year I also was hired as the 3 & 4 year old preschool teacher at the most respected preschool in town and I loved it there! But, we have had to leave it all behind.
I wonder.......what will our new church be like? How will our neighborhood be? Who will our friends be? Who will be friends to my boys?
We actually had an opportunity to move to this same area a few years ago and turned it down. Something just didn't feel right about it then, and neither Neal or I had peace about it. Some family members wondered why not and we couldn't really explain it. But we go with what we have peace about and back then, we didn't have it.
I have done alot of "growing" in the past year or so and have had to deal with some tough issues. Some of those have been personal, some have had to do with other people in my life. I have had to have tough yet honest conversations, I've had to forgive and be forgiven, I have had to learn to LET GO and not let what other people say or their opinions affect me or my family. I've learned boundaries may need to be set, and that's ok. And in the midst of all this moving chaos, I have learned that all of this needed to happen before we could move on to this next chapter of our lives.
This time we have peace. I'm still a little nervous and insecure, but there is peace in the midst of this "storm." Some things will be different but that doesn't mean I have to change who I am to fit into our new surroundings. My little family is going to be good. We are excited for our new little town. The boys are looking forward to their new school. Our new house is going to be such a blessing. God has worked all the details out. And I am so grateful.
How's that for some rambling thoughts??
No comments:
Post a Comment