Monday, December 3, 2012

Pinned It Made It Monday

 
 
 I found this pin on Pinterest and thought it looked yummy, simple, and something my boys would enjoy helping to make.
 
 
 I picked up a bag of fall colored M&M's and we made treat bags for the boys' teachers.  Kind of a "I'm thankful you're my teacher" gift at Thanksgiving time.
 
Luke enjoyed taking all the wrappers off the Hershey Kisses.
 
 
 
And here he is with the finished project!
 

 
 We put them in the fridge to harden and then packaged them up in treat bags with a Thanksgiving card the boys had written in and signed.  (and the teachers gave rave reviews and were so appreciative)  :)
 
Here's how to make these yummy snacks:  Melt Hershey’s kisses onto pretzels (275 degrees, 3 minutes), remove, and immediately press a single m&m on each. Let cool and harden before serving. These are great made with Hershey Hugs or Rolos also!!
 
We also took some to our Thanksgiving get together at my mom and dad's and they were quickly eaten up.  The one suggestion I have is to keep them refrigerated (when not snacking on them) or they can become soft and melty when sitting out too long.
 
I also have a bag of red and green Christmas M&M's that we are going to use to make Merry Christmas treat bags for our neighbors!
 
*********************************************************
 
In an earlier Pinned It Made It Monday post, I showed some simple Christmas gift wrapping with brown craft paper, stamps, and ribbon.  I wasn't happy with the ribbon I had on hand, so I picked some new ribbon at WalMart.  I like the gifts MUCH better now!
 
 
I really love how they look under the tree!
 

 

3 comments:

Allison said...

They looked like they had fun making them!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Jamie!

Salty and sweet....I love that combination! I saw these made with rolos and I think I might have pinned it. I will definitely try this! I know my Luke will enjoy helping too!

Your Luke looks so proud! He's so handsome! Glad his snacks were a hit! :)

Love your packages too! That's my style of packaging. I love the way they look under the tree too! That ribbon is perfect.

Have a great week! :)
Tammy

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

fun pins! I used to make those pretzel candy bites with my g'ma. She is no longer with us, but the memories live on forever as they will with your boys.