Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Garden Time




Each year we have such good intentions with our garden. We start out taking care of it and then it seems something always happens......we get tired of weeding it and crouching over the rows of beans when it's 90 degrees outside. Neal and I are determined to do better this year! Tonight we planted cucumbers, green beans, watermelon, and lettuce. We will soon be adding tomatoes, peppers and asparagus. A few of these items we have never tried to grow before, so we'll see how it goes. I'm already thinking we're going to have to do something to keep the bunnies out. Unfortunately, our strawberry patch we've had the past 2 years isn't looking so good. I think the long, cold winter did it in. Zach had such a fun time helping daddy and thought the worms were great! Luke happily watched from his stroller for most of the time and then wanted to GO! It was such a beautiful day.....so nice to finally be getting outside!

No comments: