Inside the envelope are coupons for "free hugs," "helping to take care of pets," and so on. My favorite is the free hugs and I use it as often as I can. Hugs and boys don't seem to go together once these boys get older! Along with the coupons, Zach made us a calendar with handprint pictures to go along with each month. Love it, it's such a special keepsake!
Also, under the tree this year was a mystery box, and Neal and I were given strict instructions NOT to peek! The night we opened gifts with our boys, they were SUPER excited to give us our present. This is some of what was inside:
Both boys had filled this box to the brim with their own toys to give to us. Inside was everything from dinosaurs to cars to swimming goggles to scraps of construction paper! The sweetest thing was seeing how happy it made them and how excited they were to give us a present.
After the whirlwind of Christmas died down, I talked to the boys about cleaning out their closets to make room for the new things. I mentioned picking out toys/books/movies they didn't play with anymore and we could give it to someone who would use it. On their own, they immediately suggested that they would like all their old toys to be given to the "kids in Haiti," meaning the orphans who Neal spent time with. So we now have boxed up items we've promised the boys we'll get to those kiddos in Haiti. I've always prayed our boys would be cheerful givers and I love that my boys are so concerned about the children there and wanting to help however they can, in their own little way.
No comments:
Post a Comment