Friday, August 24, 2012

Our New Home

Here it is, our new home!  We are happy to finally be here.  We have big plans for the outside....tearing out bushes, different landscaping, planting trees and flowers, adding shutters to the front windows, and more!  But, all in good time.  I have to remember that.  (I've got this little problem of wanting things done yesterday.  God must think it's funny to always be putting me in situations where I am needing to practice patience!)
 
 
 
 
Here is looking in from the front door into the living
room and dining room.  The white door you see goes out to the garage.  (Still working on figuring out where I want my decor, so that's why it looks a little bare.)

 
 
This is looking at the other side of the living room.  I'm super excited to have a REAL fireplace and mantel, decorating it for Christmas will be so fun!
 
 
I took this picture standing in the dining room, looking towards the front door.

 
 
Another view of the dining room and getting a glimpse at the kitchen.
 
 
My kitchen!  It's HUGE compared to what I had at our old house.  Someday I'm going to have a center island with stools. 
 
 
 
 
 I have wanted a pantry forEVER!
 

 
When we were looking at houses, we had specific things we wanted in our next home.....a nice kitchen (love it!), 3 or 4 bedrooms (we got a 4 bedroom!), 2 bathrooms (check!), and a full/finished basement (got it!).  We did sacrifice garage space though, so we hope to be able to add-on someday so that Neal has more space for all his stuff.  When I get the basement looking how I want it, I'll share pictures of that too. 
 
It's nice to be settling in and making the house ours!

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

It's beautiful, Jamie! Love that kitchen and the color on the walls! Love the openness between the dining room and living room and all that wood on the opening! Great pantry!

I know you're so proud to be in it and get to work on making it all you! I could see all the things that you mentioned out front and just imagine it that way! You're going to have fun! You're on a new chapter of life with a great adventure ahead!

Thanks for sharing it! I loved the tour!

Blessings,
Tammy

Door to Bangalore said...

What, no garage pictures? :)

-Travis