Monday, August 20, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday

I'm joining Tammy again for Pinned It, Made It! Monday!



When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I HAD to make it, and when I showed it to Neal, he agreed!  It's called Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark (you can click HERE to see the original post).

Here's what you'll need:(and I apologize for the bad pictures...I almost forgot to take them and when I remembered, I just grabbed my phone and the quality isn't so good)


* 1/2 a bag of mini pretzel twists
* 2 sticks of butter
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* 1 bag of chocolate chips
* Sea salt (or table salt)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a large pan with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels down.



In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.  Let it boil gently just until it starts to stick to the bottom and it forms a nice smooth caramel.  Let it bubble and get really thick.



Remove from heat and pour evenly over the top of pretzels.  Not a big deal if every single pretzel isn't covered.



Put in the oven at 350 degrees for five minutes. 



Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.  Put back in the oven for one minute.



Spread the chocolate chips around with a spatula until mostly melted. Sprinkle generously with salt.



Let cool on the counter top for a few minutes and then put in freezer for at least two to three hours.  When it comes out of the freezer, break it up into uneven chunks with your hands and serve.



Oh. My. Goodness.  This stuff is so yummy!  Neal and I were very selfish and ate it all, we didn't share with the boys!  We are horrible, I know.  It's very addicting!  Neal, on his own, already went and bought me more chocolate chips so that I can make more. (we'll share this next batch, I promise.....cause my pants aren't going to fit for long if I keep it all to myself!)

**This stuff needs to be kept in the freezer and it's best eaten right out of the freezer.  It will start to melt after sitting out for just a couple minutes.

ENJOY!



 


3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Lol! I think a parent only snack every once in awhile is good for you!

And Oh my Jamie, that looks delicious and simple too! I'm pinning it and giving it a try!

Thanks for sharing and for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

Blessings,
Tammy

Lesley said...

Jamie,

Looks so very yummy! You know how I love my sweets. =) Hoping to catch up soon.

Smiles,
Lesley T.

Allison said...

Your Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark looks wonderful!! I might have to try it.