Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yummy Soup Recipe

About a year ago a friend posted this soup recipe on a facebook page.  I thought it sounded so yummy and it has quickly become a favorite at our house, especially on these cool fall days.  Well, if I'm being completely honest, I should say that it's a favorite of Neal and myself.  My boys think it's too spicy, but they do eat it, S-L-O-W-L-Y.  And with alot of water close by.  ;)

Mexican Chicken Chowder
 
*5 cups(ish) chicken, cooked and cubed (I use 1 pkg of boneless/skinless breasts)
*2- 11oz cans of Mexicorn
*2- 10oz cans of cream of potato soup
*4oz diced green chiles
*2 tsp cilantro
*1 pkt taco seasoning
*2 cans of chicken broth
*16oz sour cream
*8oz(ish) cheese con queso
*bag of fritos
 
Combine all ingredients, except fritos, into crock pot.  Cook on low 4 hours or until heated through.  Top with fritos and enjoy!
 
My friend suggested serving this with pumpkin bread for a fun fall meal!  Yummy!

No comments: