-you can click on the picture for a larger view-
It's a small kitchen, so this is the best shot I could get of the whole thing. Mauvish color on the walls and painted stripes on the cabinets, horrible curtains, counter tops that were boards with what we think was laminate flooring covering them and going up on the walls behind the counter.......
Close up of the cabinets:
Old sink (my father-in-law believes it is from the 1920's) and yucky counter tops:
The indoor/outdoor carpeting. See that white spot to the left? One of my boys spilled something and I could never get the stain out, and I tried EVERYTHING! So gross.
Close up of cabinets. Although we were not able to buy new cabinets at this time, they did get a fresh coat of white paint and I spray painted the handles with the oil rubbed bronze paint I mentioned in an earlier post:
And that is my kitchen BEFORE. We have been very busy lately and haven't had a chance to put up the chair rail and base boards yet. I am also looking for a new light fixture and a couple other small things to add to the decor. Once things slow down, I hope to get some of that done so I can share AFTER photos!
2 comments:
Wow! I can't wait to see your after photos of this kitchen! Updating is such a fun job. I grew up in a house built in the same ear, and these photos reminded me of that kitchen a lot! Same kind of sink too!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Sasha
I LOVE the new kitchen!
Post a Comment