Zach, being my homebody, who would just stay home and play for the rest of his life if we let him, had a few tears when we first got to school. I talked to his teacher when I picked them up and she said the tears didn't last long and he had a good day. He liked recess best but complained he didn't know who to play with. I think not knowing anyone was rough for him, but that will change quickly! We are praying for good friends!
(Zach, a big 2nd grader!)
Luke isn't as shy in new situations, so he was excited to start kindergarten! He did get quiet once I dropped them off in the gym, so many kids seemed a bit overwhelming to him. When he found me after school, he hurried over and I asked him how his day was and he excitedly said, "Nothing bad happened!" I was happy to hear that! :) Luke was very tired last night and did say that kindergarten days "take a long time."
(Luke, ready for kindergarten!)
Now that the boys are in school I am working on more unpacking and organizing our new house! I have begun tackling the basement and know it will take me a couple weeks or so to go thru everything and have it look like I want. I also have been running errands that are just easier to do when two energetic boys are at school.....setting up new bank accounts, finding new doctors, dentists and making lots of phone calls dealing with new home/auto/health insurance.
(Me and my boys on their first day of school)
I am excited to share pictures of our new house soon! We are enjoying it here and tonight have been invited to a small group get together with a church here in town. They are meeting at a park just two blocks from our house, for a time of games and fellowship. I am looking forward to getting to know people here! I do know that the pastor's wife was an elementary teacher before they moved here (just a year ago) and has subbed at the school. I hope to talk to her about that.....I may look into subbing later on this school year!
Happy "back to school" days to everyone!
1 comment:
Jamie,
Zach and Luke look so cute on their first day of school. Luke's remarks about kindergarten made me chuckle.
Can't wait to see the new house. I know moving has to be alot of work. We've lived in our house since 1990, so just thinking about everything we'd have to move and do makes me tired. :)
Have a great evening!
Tammy
Post a Comment