Since I've been subbing at the school, I haven't had the extra time to give updates on the blog. However, Friday was my last day (of the 6-week, long-term sub job) so here's what our family has been up to!
We took the boys to Fort Kearny, which is just a short 20 minute drive from our house. The boys thought they needed to dress up for this outing, although I cannot explain the reasoning of the Dr. Seuss hat Luke is wearing! :)
We took the boys to the Nebraska State Fair. They enjoyed the animals the most. Zach liked the giant slide, but you can see by Luke's face, he wasn't too sure about it!
Over Labor Day weekend, we went to Colorado with my parents and brother Kris. It's so awesome to have my parents cabin to go to out there. We love it! And we are 2 1/2 hours closer now that we moved!
The boys always love visiting this part of the Arkansas River and throwing rocks in! It's tradition!
This year I hiked with Neal, my Dad and brother to the top of a Fourteener! (a mountain that is over 14,000 feet.) I had tried one last year and didn't make it to the top, but this year I was determined!
It was so cold and SO WINDY is some parts. And pretty scary in others, it looked like the rocks on the side of the mountain could just slide at any moment, but we made it!
It was pretty cloudy when we first got to the top, but the clouds did part for just a minute and the view was awesome!
We've also been doing some yard work to our new house. These bushes lined each side of the driveway and they HAD to go. Some were half dead, they blocked our view when backing into the street and just took up too much room. Neal had fun pulling them out!
And last but not least, Neal and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary on September 22! Can't believe it's been that long! :) The boys went to Papa and Mimi's house for the weekend and we went to Omaha. Neal knows how to spoil me with shopping and good eating! It was a fun little weekend get away!
What have you been up to??




No comments:
Post a Comment